TD Summer Reading Club
The TD Summer Reading Club is Canada’s largest summer reading program for kids of all ages, interests and abilities. This free Club is offered at more than 2,000 public libraries across Canada and celebrates Canadian authors, illustrators and stories, while inspiring kids to explore the joys of reading. Studies show that reading throughout the summer prevents the "summer slide" of reading skills that happen naturally to students who don't continue to read over the summer break. Plus, everyone who is registered through the library will receive weekly incentive prizes!
1.Register with your library starting June 15th, 2021 online at https://tbpl.evanced.info/signup/ or by calling any of the following library locations:
Brodie Community Hub Mary J. L. Black Community Hub Waverley Community Hub
216 S. Brodie St., P7E 1C2 901 S. Edward St., P7E 6R2 285 Red River Road, P7B 1A9
807-345-TBPL (8275) 807-345-TBPL (8275) 807-345-TBPL (8275)
The County Park Community Hub will not be offering the TD Summer Reading Club this year due to ongoing COVID-19 restrictions. County Park patrons are encouraged to select Waverley as their library location.
2. Sign in at the library location you registered with in order to pick up your program materials beginning Monday, July 5th.
3. Get reading and track what you read in your notebook or pre-reader notebook. Try some of these recommended reads!
4. Visit the Library each week to sign in and collect a weekly incentive prize! Incentives include a free book, a book bag, a take home craft and more! Please note that in order to receive incentive prizes and participate in draws from the Library, you need to be registered through the Library and not the TD Summer Reading Club website.
5. Complete the Goal Form weekly to report the total number of books (or chapters) that each registered participant read that week in order to earn ballots for draws! See Draws below for more information!
6. Visit the TD Summer Reading Club website to unlock more fun!
New this year are draws for a chance to win additional prizes! How do you earn ballots? By reading, of course! The more you read, the more you earn!
Visit this website weekly to report the total number of books (or chapters) that each registered participant read that week using the form below. Please complete the form for every registered participant individually.
There are ten prizes total per draw! Draw #1 will be held on Monday, August 3rd and draw #2 will be held on Monday, August 23rd, 2021.
Ballots entered for the first draw will not count towards the second draw. No matter how many ballots you have earned and entered online, you are only eligible to win one prize per draw.
Hat Trick Touch Down Strike
Read 3 books (or chapters) to earn 1 ballot. Read 6 books (or chapters) to earn 3 ballots. Read 10 books (or chapters) to earn 5 ballots.
The Goal Form
This program has concluded for the 2021 calendar year!
Download, print and colour any of the pages below on or after Tuesday, June 15th, 2021 and post your completed picture to the Library's Facebook or Instagram accounts using the hashtag #TBPLColourSRC to enter. Remember to set your post as public or we will not be able to see the submission. Colouring pages can also be picked up at any Community Hub. Open until Friday, August 13th, 2021 at 4:00 p.m.
Winners will be contacted the week of August 16th, 2021 via social media. There is more than one prize and submissions will judged based on age. Participants can submit more than one picture as long as it is not the same picture.
The TD Summer Reading Club is a bilingual program! Kids can participate in the Club by requesting printed materials in French or by visiting clubdelecturetd.ca.
Accessible notebooks and books to read are available upon request or online at https://www.tdsummerreadingclub.ca/about_the_club/accessibility.