In Person Services are being offered at all locations.
Here are the hours of operation for all locations:
|In Branch Services||In Branch Services||In Branch Services||In Branch Services|
|Day||Waverley||County Park||Brodie||Mary J.L. Black|
|Monday||12:30 pm to 8 pm||9:30 am to 5 pm||9:30 am to 5 pm||Closed|
|Tuesday||10:30 am to 6 pm||10:30 am to 6 pm||12:30 am to 8 pm||10:30 am to 6 pm|
|Wednesday||9:30 am to 5 pm||9:30 am to 5 pm||10:30 am to 6 pm||12:30 pm to 8 pm|
|Thursday||10:30 am to 6 pm||10:30 am to 6 pm||10:30 am to 6 pm||10:30 am to 6 pm|
|Friday||9:30 am to 5 pm||9:30 am to 5 pm||9:30 am to 5 pm||9:30 am to 5 pm|
|Saturday||Closed||9:30 am to 5 pm||Closed||9:30 am to 5 pm|
The Library continues to offer virtual service 24/7, including access to online collections and programs at www.tbpl.ca
The Library is loaning technology devices and free unlimited WiFi access to teens and adults.
Visit the Library website at www.tbpl.ca for more information or call us at 345-8275. Find us on social media @TBayPL.
Contact: Tina Maronese - firstname.lastname@example.org / 807-630-5664
Public Service Announcement
Masks will continue to be mandatory when entering the Library.
The Thunder Bay District Health United has stated that organizations may continue to mandate the use of masks in their place of business. TBPL will continue to require that masks be worn when inside the library.
We will provide personal service inside the lobby or directly outside the Library for anyone uncomfortable being in a public space and for people who are unable to wear a mask.
We are not currently offering one-on-one assistance with technology or the Readers are Leaders program in order to maintain physical distancing. For those with technology questions, we can provide service over the phone or computer, offer instructive videos, and provide a list of other agencies who can assist.
Please call us at 345-8275 if you require any assistance, such as placing holds. If you notify us in advance of your visit, we can get everything ready for more speedy service.
Thank you for understanding and for helping to keep community members and Library staff safe during the pandemic.
For full details please click through or see the Frequently Asked Questions by scrolling down.
What will be available when I visit the Library in person?
- Browsing of the collection
- Internet stations on a first come, first served basis
- Printing, photocopying, faxing and scanning with staff assistance
- Assistance in accessing vaccine passports & printing
- Battery recycling
- Reader’s Advisory
- Home Service Delivery
- Inter-library Loan
- Get a new library card or renew your card
- Pick up holds and return items
When is library service available?
Library hours are listed at the top of this page.
Library locations are closed on statutory holidays.
There may be times when we are unable to provide service. Updates to hours of operation will be posted to social media.
What safety measures will be in place?
All COVID safety protocols will continue to be followed. Masks will be mandatory for all staff and patrons. Personal service inside the lobby or outside the Library will be offered to those who cannot wear a mask or would prefer this type of service. Patrons will be expected to follow the code of conduct/behaviour policy. There will be zero tolerance for any violations of the code of conduct.
How will you let the community know when there are changes to service?
Details will be provided to the community in many ways, including on the Library's website at www.tbpl.ca/media, on our TBayPL Facebook page, and in local news sources.
What is a hold?
A ‘hold’ is created when an item has been reserved for a specific library member. Go to search.tbpl.ca to search our online catalogue.
How do I pick up my hold?
- You will receive the usual hold pick up notification via email or telephone
- Once you have received a phone call or email about your hold, you can pick up at the confirmed location during hours of operation. Look for signage and directional information at all locations. Staff will ask for a library card or ID.
How long will you keep my holds for me to pick up?
After you’ve been notified that the hold is available, we will keep the item reserved for pick up for six days. After six days, the item(s) will be returned to the shelf or will be offered to the next person who has it on hold.
How do I place a hold if I don’t have a computer?
You can call the Library at 345-8275 (choose the location that you want to connect to) during hours of operation to request up to five titles to be placed on hold.
Can I pick up holds for everyone in my family at once?
Yes, please bring all library cards or identification with you when doing the pick up.
Can I pick up holds for my neighbour or friend?
Yes. Arrange to get their card or identification and you can pick up their holds.
Can I pick up Book Club bags?
Yes, book clubs in a bag are now available.
Can I request an inter-library loan?
Yes, please call or email any branch to request an item, or complete the form online at tbpl.ca/interlibraryloan.
Can I get Home Service deliveries at this time?
This service is now being offered on a monthly basis, as usual.
Can I phone the Library with questions?
Library staff are taking calls at 345-8275 (choose the branch that you’d like to connect with) during hours of operation.
What is the process for getting printing, photocopying, faxing or scanning completed?
TBPL is now offering complimentary faxing, copying, printing and scanning services. Donations are accepted.
- Where: All locations
- When: During hours of operation
Drop by with your USB stick or documents and we will fax, copy, scan or print them for you.
You may also email documents or requests to
email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Please let us know what you require, and we'll email you back when they're ready for pick up.
- Black and white copies only.
- Documents cannot be edited or modified by staff.
- This service is being offered at no charge - staff reserve the right to monitor usage and limit service if needed.
What kinds of online programming are being offered? Where can I find more information and a schedule?
Follow us on social media @TBayPL and check out our online calendar for updates and current programming offered.
Programming is also available on our YouTube channel @TBayPL
Can I sign up for a library card/renew my library card?
Yes, you can obtain a card by sending us an email at email@example.com - please include your name, address, date of birth, and phone number.
Cards can also be obtained in person, or by calling us at 345-8275.
Will I be charged overdue fines for late returns?
No, we eliminated overdue fines for everyone at the beginning of 2020. We have also cleared all library accounts of overdue fees and charges as of May 31, 2021
What's available for online access (ebooks, databases, etc)?
The Digital Library page of our website will guide you to everything currently available online. There are also some incredible Online Activities you can access from home! Plus there is great information throughout the Library's website about Government & Legal Information, Local History & Genealogy, and more.
Can I book library space for later in the year?
We will begin to accept bookings for Library meeting spaces as of April 1 for meetings or events that are set to take place after May 1, 2022
Where can I find reliable info about COVID-19?
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About the Library Catalogue
- From any page on our web site, click on "LIBRARY CARD" on the top right of the screen, and enter your library card number (under the lines on the front of your card...it starts with 29341)
- if this is your first time logging in, enter your PHONE NUMBER (with the area code and dashes...for example: 807-123-4567), or your birth date
- you will then be prompted to “Please enter a new PIN“
- type in something that is easy for you to remember (at least four characters long, can be letters and numbers)
- the next time you log in, you will need to use your PIN, not your phone number
I forgot my PIN -- help!
- don't panic, click the "Forgot your PIN" on the Library Card log in screen, fill in the information asked for, and if you have an email address in your patron record you'll receive an email right away with instructions for how to change your PIN
- if you don't have an email address and forget your PIN we can go into your record and delete it for you, then you can log in again using your phone number or birth date, and then set a new PIN;
your PIN shows up in your record in an encrypted format, so staff cannot simply tell you what it is, but they are able to delete it and that allows you to set a new PIN
I have some books on hold, and I'm worried they will come in when I'm on vacation.
- don't worry...simply call any Community Hub and ask to be moved down the hold list
Can I save a list of books and movies that I want to put on hold in the future?
- when you find something you would like to save, use the "put in book cart" button
- when you're done, view your book cart
- you can then save to a disc, email yourself the list, or create and name a list to save in your "My Library Card" account
- then, you can use that list for future reference
Media Releases & Public Service Announcements are located here.