Fax/Printing/Photocopying/Scanning at TBPL during COVID-19 limited service
Q: How much do these services cost?
A: These services are currently free.
Q: Are there any restrictions to these services?
A: Yes - documents will be printed using only black ink and limited to ten (10) pages at a time. Some restrictions, including copyright, may apply.
Q: How can I send a fax?
A: Visit any of the branches during opening hours with your document and the fax number. Staff will fill out a cover sheet and will send your fax to the number provided. You can also email your document with all the relevant information (recipient’s fax number, your phone number, and your name) to the branch you wish to fax from. TBPL is not responsible for faxes not received at the correct destination. TBPL cannot receive faxes on your behalf.
Q: How can I print or copy a document?
A: You can email your document to any of the following email addresses, and pick up your printed document when you receive notification that it is ready.
email@example.com for Waverley
Alternatively, you can visit any of the four locations during opening hours with the document you wish to copy, or present a USB stick to staff and tell the staff member the name of the file, and they will print it off for you.
Q: I need to scan a document so I have a digital copy; how can I do that?
A: Come to any of the branches during opening hours with your document and staff can scan it to your email address or to your USB stick.
Self service photocopiers are available at all Library locations.
- Black and white: 20 cents per page (25 cents for double-sided)
- Colour: 40 cents per page (60 cents for double-sided)
Scanning documents to save on a USB stick or scanning and sending files via email is also available.
A cover page can be provided by the Library at no additional cost. This faxing service only sends faxes -- the Library will not receive faxes on behalf of patrons.
- Local destinations: All local and 800 number faxes are FREE!
- Long distance: $1.15 for the first page, $0.60 for each additional page
- We are not responsible for faxes not received at the correct destination.
- We prohibit the viewing and/or distribution of obscenity, illegal activities and malicious actions such as sending threatening or harassing materials as per the Canadian Criminal Code.
- Fax service will not take precedence over other patron questions: faxes will be sent only if staff time permits.