Looking to login to an existing account? Click here.
There are three ways to sign up for a Library card.
Option 1: Apply for an eServices card online using the form below.This option will get you signed up for an eServices card, which will let you use our online resources right away.
- If you already have a Library membership, once you fill out this online form, you will receive an email with a reminder of your card number. If you do not remember your PIN, please contact the Library at 345-8275, email@example.com, or visit us in person
- If you don't already have a Library membership, you will receive an email with your new card number and PIN.
- You can update this card to a Full Service card anytime by visiting any Library branch with current identification. Learn more about this below.
Apply for an eServices Card Online
Option 2: Apply for a Library Card in person at any Library location.
You may also click here to print a membership application form in pdf format.
- Please bring ID to confirm your address. Library cards are free for people who live in Thunder Bay, Fort William First Nation and Lappe (through service agreements).
- Non-resident Library Card fees are listed here.
Option 3: Apply by email for an eService card.
You may also apply for a Library Card by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, address, date of birth, and phone number and we will issue you an e-service card.
Call us at 345-8275 during hours of operation and we would be happy to assist you.
Already Have a Library Card?
Our Member Guide (pdf) provides details about borrowing from the Library including loan periods, overdue fines, renewing, returning, holds and more.
Your Library is committed to helping students succeed.
We’ve made it easier than ever for students to get a library card. Library cards are now free for all students in elementary, secondary and post secondary school. To make the sign up process easier, students no longer need to provide proof of a Thunder Bay address to get a library card - your home address will be fine!
We also have student membership packages for local schools. If you’re a teacher or school administrator who wants more information about library membership for your students, please call Amy at 684-6811 or email her at email@example.com.