Thunder Bay Public Library wants to be part of your school year! We have a variety of programs and resources to support literacy, life-long learning, leisure reading and educational needs. Let us know how we can support your classroom by emailing us at email@example.com or calling 345-TBPL (8275).
We also have student membership packages for local schools. If you’re a teacher or school administrator who wants more information about library membership for your students, please call Ruth at 624-4206 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The library offers a variety of class visits in the library or at your school for both primary and secondary schools.
- French Materials for Kids/Matérials français pour les enfants
- Does your child need to practice their French reading? Our collection includes picture books, leveled readers, chapter books, and tons more at a variety of reading levels.
- Other World Languages
- Looking for books in more languages? Check out our titles in everything from Arabic to German!
- Kids Read
- Find new books for kids to read.
- TumbleBooks Library
- TumbleBook Library offers fun, interactive books for kids and includes games and other languages as well. NOTE: logging in with your Library card number is now required for using Tumblebooks outside of Library locations
- Readers Are Leaders
- Our Readers Are Leaders program matches children in grades 1, 2 or 3 with a volunteer from the community to read together and enjoy fun activities that build confidence, interest, and the joy of reading!
- Information & Media Literacy
- Media has only gotten more confusing. We've compiled some resources on how to decipher the reliable from the unreliable. While we also offer class visits about information literacy.
- Teens Read
- Find new books for teens and tweens to read.
- Find volunteering opportunities for your students in need of community service hours.
- Primary and Secondary Sources
- Provided here are some resources or your students looking for secondary sources