- To encourage teens to use the library and raise awareness of the library and its resources among teens
- To provide a youth perspective on library services
- YAC membership is a great addition to resumes, college and university applications
- Complete required volunteer hours for graduation while gaining valuable leadership and volunteer experience and a professional reference from the Youth Services Librarian
- Contribute to the community and meet like-minded youth
What will you do?
- Provide input on planning of youth programs and purchasing of youth library materials
- Visit Chapters to pick out books to add to the library collection
- Support library staff in making the library collections, events, and space welcoming and inclusive to teen patrons
- Provide guidance and content for TBPL social media accounts
Join at any time! Click here to complete the registration form online for YAC 2019-2020.
- September 18 - Brodie Fireside Reading Room
- October 23 - Waverley Auditorium
- November 20 - Brodie Fireside Reading Room
- December 18 - offisite at Chapters
For more information, email Nicole or Ruth at firstname.lastname@example.org
What do past YAC members say about their experience?
I made a lot of new friends. It's cool to talk to other nerds.
It's fun and a great way to be involved in the community.
I really enjoy taking part in the meetings.
[My favourite part was] the honest conversations.
I really enjoyed talking about big issues, like Freedom to Read Week and sexism in YA literature.
I liked that we didn't just talk about books, but other issues in our community/world.