INSPIRE GROW CONNECT
At the Thunder Bay Public Library, we believe that doors are opened when opportunities are available for people to discover all the possibilities found in the expression of ideas.
By supporting the library, you are making a difference every day in the lives of people in this community.
There are many ways that you can make a difference at your public library:
- Make an annual donation in any amount (Community Partners program)
- Donate gently used books
- Visit the Library regularly and read for information or pleasure
- Make a donation to support the new County Park Branch!
- Make a donation in memory of someone you love or in honour of a special occasion
- Join the Friends of the Library
- Become a TBPL corporate sponsor
- Encourage a love of reading in your family
Please click on a link above for more information about programs that support your library.
Click on the Donate Now button to make a secure on-line donation to the Thunder Bay Public Library.
Thank you for your support!
All it takes is one word, one book, one article to make a difference in the life of a child, a teen or an adult!
Last year, Community Partner donations from 375+ library supporters totalled over $35,000. These funds purchased hundreds and hundreds of new and wonderful materials for the education and enjoyment of the whole community.
Are you interested in more information, or in making a donation to your library? Read on for more information about the Community Partners program, then, click on the link below to make a secure, online donation to your Thunder Bay Public Library.
Community Partner Levels of Giving and Donation Thanks
Bronze Partner ($15-$49)
- Official tax receipt.
Silver Partner ($50-$99)
Bronze Thanks plus...
- A listing in one issue of the Library newsletter.
- A $5.00 voucher for book purchases at the Friends of the Library Used Bookstore.
Gold Partner ($100 - $149)
Bronze & Silver Thanks plus...
- A "gold" Library card
- A bookplate which will credit your donation in a new title.
- Listing in an additional issue of the Library newsletter
Gold Plus Partner ($150 - $499))
Bronze, Silver and Gold Thanks plus...
- A listing in an additional issue of the Library newsletter
- One additional bookplate to credit your donation in a new title.
Platinum Partner ($500+)
All thanks listed above plus:
- Acknowledgement in the TBPL Annual Report to the Community
- Three additional bookplates to credit your donation in new titles.
Why should your company consider sponsoring the Library?
- Your Public Library enjoys over 40,000 in-person visits a month!
- Last year alone, our virtual library was visited 381,350 times!
- Recognition label on items
- Recognition/Ad in the Library newsletter (Connect – distributed 3 times a year to all Thunder Bay households)
- Introduction/recognition at program or event
- Media conference announcing major sponsorships ($10,000+)
- Recognition on selected promotional material pertaining to the sponsorship (flyers, ads, posters, bookmarks)
- Recognition in annual thank you ad
- Signage in Library with company logo
- Link from Library website to your website
Please visit some of our corporate sponsors online:
- Boston Pizza
- The Chronicle-Journal
- Copperfinn Credit Union
- Friends of the Thunder Bay Public Library
- Rene Larson Law Office
- Resolute Forest Products
- Thunder Bay Catholic District School Board
For further information about sponsorship, please call Tina Tucker, Director of Communities at 684-6813 or by email at tbpl%23ca|ttucker
Sponsorship of the Library is an opportunity to reach your target market!
You may now make an on-line donation to the Thunder Bay Public Library!
The Thunder Bay Public Library gratefully accepts donations in order to add new materials to your library collections. You may choose to donate to the Community Partners program (an annual, individual giving program) or the Memorial Fund, which honours friends or loved ones who have passed away - or our In Honour program, which celebrates milestones like birthdays, anniversaries or special occasions.
The Thunder Bay Public Library established a formalized Memorial Program in 1996. Donors to this fund have chosen to make donations to the Library in memory of friends or relatives who were loyal library users or who simply loved books or reading.
The Library uses memorial donations, along with other individual donations, to add books and other materials to the collection. Memorial donations are acknowledged by recognition inside books or other materials. There are also plaques at the Brodie and Waverley Libraries, which are added to twice a year. The plaques serve as a permanent remembrance of all those listed.
Should you wish to recognize a friend or loved one through a memorial donation, pick up a memorial fund envelope at any branch of the Thunder Bay Public Library. You may also choose to make a secure on-line donation by clicking on the Donate Now button.
Honour With Books Donations
Honour with Books is a new and distinctive way to honour someone who has made a difference in your life. Celebrate milestones like birthdays, anniversaries, graduations and other special occasions and help the Library build its book collection at the same time!
Pick up a donation form at any library location, or donate online now and designate your donation to Honour with Books.
The Thunder Bay Public Library accept donations of materials at all library branches. Please follow the guidelines below in making your donation:
All donated material automatically becomes the property of the Thunder Bay Public Library.
The Library reserves the right to dispose of donated material in the most appropriate manner.
Books and other material are added to the collection at the discretion of the selectors, according to the selection criteria established in the Thunder Bay Public Library's Material Selection Policy.
Material must be in good condition with cover and all pages intact.
These items are NOT accepted:
- cassette tapes
- student text books
- Readers's Digest and other condensed material
Donations are gratefully accepted at any library branch. Sorry, pick up of materials is not possible.
Material may be refused for addition to the library collection because of age, condition, duplication of title or subject matter.