- try pole walking!
- we have four sets of walking poles available for you to borrow
- one set of poles is available at each of our locations, and may be signed out for three weeks. If they're out you can place a hold on them.
- You can find the walking poles in our Online catalogue, at this link.
- Many thanks to Chartwell Select and Glacier Ridge for partnering with us to bring you walking poles
Electronic Energy Meters
(aka "Line Loggers")
- you can place a hold on a meter in our library catalogue , and have it delivered to the branch of your choice
- you can keep it for three weeks (or one week, if there are other holds on them)
- visit Thunder Bay Hydro's Web site for more info about Line Loggers
- visit your library for books and more about saving energy
- Young people 16 years of age and younger can borrow fully-rigged fishing rods and reels along with basic tackle
- available at the Brodie and Waverley Libraries
- many thanks to the Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters for their support of Tackleshare
- incresase fitness, improve mental health and promote well-being
- come with a guide booklet and simple instructions
- made available through a partnership with the Ministry of Health Promotion - Sport & Recreation Branch, and Active2010
- ask at the Circulation Desk at any Library location, or place a hold online here