The Thunder Bay Public Library's online reference service, Just Ask Us, is available to local and non resident researchers. Reference Services will provide you with brief answers to your questions within 24 hours (weekdays), citing both the answer and the source of the information provided.
TBPL's Just Ask Us service includes:
- Confirmation of dates, names, and quick facts.
- Brief biographical information.
- Telephone numbers and addresses of businesses, associations or individuals.
- Search assistance with the Library's Online catalogue and Virtual Collection resources.
- Short answers on local topics.
For more complex questions, we will direct you to sources where you can start your research. We might also suggest that you come into the library to consult some of our sources.
Staff will not do homework for you, nor can we provide legal, medical or financial advice. We will, however, suggest sources to help you.
Please refer to the Local History & Genealogy page to determine potential fees that may apply to research assistance obtained through the Thunder Bay Public Library.