Friends of the Library Bookstore
The Friends of the Library operate the Southside Book Nook, a used bookstore in Victoriaville Centre.
You will find the Friends on the main floor of Victoriaville, near the Brodie Street entrance.
The hours of operation are:
- Monday - closed in the summer
- Tuesday to Friday: 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 12:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Sunday: Closed
This schedule relies on the availability of volunteers. Hours are subject to change.
The bookstore is closed on statutory holidays and the week between Christmas and New Year.
Call the bookstore for more information - 623-2409
At the bookstores, you will find used hardcover and paperback books on all subjects.
- paperbacks from $1.00
- hardcovers from $1.00
- some items are individually priced based on condition, date of publication and subject matter
- Audio visual materials & magazines are also for sale ... at reasonable prices!
All proceeds from book sales are donated to the Thunder Bay Public Library.
Give your used books a new home.
Recycle knowledge, entertainment and information when you donate reading materials for resale at the Friends of the Thunder Bay Public Library used bookstore. Good quality current popular fiction and non-fiction as well as children’s books are particularly welcome.
How to Donate
Donations may be dropped off at any branch of the Thunder Bay Public Library or at the Friends of the Thunder Bay Public Library used bookstore at Victoriaville Mall.
Please limit donations to two boxes or bags at a time. Please only drop off books when the store is open. Unfortunately we are unable to pick up donated materials.
Although the Friends appreciate donations of used books very much, they have made a decision, due to lack of storage space and a limited demand for these items, not to accept the following items:
- computer books (with the exception of those published in the last couple of years)
- cassette tapes
- reader's digest condensed books
- magazines more than 2 years old
- National Geographic magazines
Please ensure that all donations are free from mold, mildew or water damage.
All donated material automatically becomes the property of the Friends of the Thunder Bay Public Library. The Friends reserves the right to dispose of donated material in the most appropriate manner.