The Friends of the Library operate a used bookstore in Victoriaville Shopping Centre. You will find the Friends on the main floor of Victoriaville, near the food court area.
The hours of operation are:
- Monday: 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Tuesday: 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Thursday: 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Friday: 10:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday: 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Sunday: Closed
This schedule relies on the availability of volunteers. Hours are subject to change.
The bookstore is closed on statutory holidays.
Call the bookstore - 623-2409.
At the bookstore, you will find used hardcover and paperback books on all subjects.
- paperbacks from $1.00
- hardcovers from $1.00
- some items are individually priced based on condition, date of publication and subject matter
- Audio visual materials & magazines are also for sale ... at reasonable prices!
All proceeds from book sales are donated to the Thunder Bay Public Library.
Give your used books a new home.
Recycle knowledge, entertainment and information when you donate reading materials for resale at the Friends of the Thunder Bay Public Library used bookstore.
Used books are urgently needed! Donations of paperbacks, cookbooks, westerns, children’s materials, craft books/magazines are all gratefully accepted.
How to Donate
Donations may be dropped off at any branch of the Thunder Bay Public Library or at the Friends of the Thunder Bay Public Library used bookstore at Victoriaville Mall.
Although the Friends appreciate donations of used books very much, they have made a decision, due to lack of storage space and a limited demand for these items, not to accept the following items:
- computer books (with the exception of those published in the last couple of years)
- accounting books
- cassette tapes
- reader's digest condensed books
- school text books
Please ensure that all donations are free from mold, mildew or water damage.