Free workshops, classes, and talks are provided throughout the year on topics such as genealogy, the Ancestry Library Edition database, genetic genealogy, research practices, local history and more. Some programs are drop-in while others require registration. The full selection of programs and events can be found by visiting www.tbpl.ca/getinvolved and clicking on Online Calendar. Currently unavailable due to COVID-19 restrictions.
- If TBPL does not carry an item, we can try to borrow it from another lending institution in Canada
- You may request books, articles, archival and genealogical microfilm
- Make requests for books in person, by phone, or by filling out a form online (books, select audiovisual items, articles, microfilm)
- Microfilm requests should be made through the Brodie Resource Library
- There is no charge for this service
- Please allow 4-6 weeks for material to arrive
Microfilm Equipment Currently unavailable due to COVID-19 restrictions
- There are 2 microfilm readers and 2 microfilm readers/scanners at the Brodie Resource Library
- Printing is available from all 4 machines
- Saving to USB (in PDF format) is available on the 2 readers/scanners
Wi-Fi and Free Internet
- Computers are available with free internet access at all TBPL Community Hubs Currently unavailable due to COVID-19 restrictions.
- Wi-Fi is available with free access at all TBPL Community Hubs