Not sure what to read next? We can help! Check out these links and resources to find your next favourite read.
*** New Books! ***
Veronica sees ghosts—more specifically, her mother’s ghost, thanks to the blinding migraines that consume her whole life and keep Veronica on the fringes. But the haunting afterimages make her wonder if there is something more going on… Golden boy Sawyer is handsome and popular, a state champion swimmer, but this All-American is hiding an adrenaline addiction that could kill him. Drawn to each other after a chance meeting, can they help each other battle the demons that haunt their every step or will they push their luck too far and risk losing it all…including their lives? Hiding an adrenaline addiction that could kill him. Drawn to each other after a chance meeting, can they help each other battle the demons that haunt their every step or will they push their luck too far and risk losing it all…including their lives?
When Jughead messes up his Riverdale Annual Bake-Off pie recipe so terribly, he is disqualified and banned from all future Bake-Offs! Jug goes to unthinkable lengths to fix his error: time travel! Even Riverdale's most erudite teenager can't manage the delicate dance of going back in time, and poor Juggie lands himself in an epic battle to keep the time stream intact! Vol 1.
In the city of Seriden, the thief called Coin is Nameless -- she has no family, no legal rights, and no standing in society -- but she inherits the throne and the power and danger that come with it.
One of us is next / Karen M. McManus
Sequel to One of Us Is Lying. A year after the Bayview four were cleared of Simon Kelleher's death, a new mystery has cropped up--a game with dangerous consequences that's targeting students at Bayview again. And if the creator isn't found soon, dangerous could prove deadly.
Caledon Holt is the Kingdom of Renovia's deadliest weapon, the Queen's one and only assassin. He's also bound to the Queen by an impossible vow: to find the missing Deian Scrolls, the fount of all magical history and knowledge, stolen years ago by a sect called the Aphrasians. Shadow has been training all her life to become skilled enough to join the ranks of the Guild. Magic has been forbidden since the Aphrasian uprising, so Shadow has been learning to control her powers, hoping that one day she'll become an assassin as feared and revered as Caledon Holt. Forced to team up as assassin and apprentice to hunt down a new sinister threat to Renovia, Cal and Shadow uncover a shocking web of lies and secrets that may destroy everything they hold dear.
Sequel to Light Years. As the war draws to a close and secrets are revealed, Orelia, Arran, Vesper, and Cormak, along with others at the Quatra Fleet Academy, face significant changes and new challenges.
With Astrea under the rule of a new leader, Theo returns to fight for her land and her people. But her enemies are more powerful than ever before and, if she is to win once and for all, she must risk everything and everyone if she is to reclaim her throne.
Born with a gift for music, Nannerl Mozart has just one wish: to be remembered forever. She delights audiences with her masterful playing, but has little hope she'll ever become the acclaimed composer she longs to be. She is a young woman in 18th century Europe, and that means composing is forbidden to her. She will perform only until she reaches a marriageable age-- her tyrannical father has made that much clear. Meanwhile the talents of her beloved younger brother, Wolfgang, shine brighter. His brilliance begins to eclipse her own, until one day a mysterious stranger from a magical land appears with an irresistible offer. He has the power to make her wish come true -- but his help may cost her everything.
- Visit the online database NoveList to find author or book readalikes, tons of genre lists, and more. Just visit our virtual collection and log in with your Library barcode and PIN.
- Not sure what to read next? Tired of picking out books yourself? Looking to read something new? TBPL's Book Butler can help you find new books just by filling out a brief survey. Our staff will take your answers and find books in our collection that you might like to read.
- Want to know what other TBPL teens are reading? Check out our blog and select Young Adult and look for Teens Review! Want to write your own for volunteer hours? Sign up for Teens Review.
Are you looking for a book and can't find it in our collection? We can still get it for you! Click here to request books from outside of Thunder Bay.
Do you feel like our collection is missing something? Do you have suggestions for what should be in our collection? Click here for our purchase suggestion form.
Please note that while we try to keep these book lists up-to-date some titles may no longer be available.
- #DiverseReads and #OwnVoices
- YA Series Completed
- Similar To (Read-alikes)
- Looking for Read-A-Likes for Juveline Fiction? Check out Kids Read for ideas!
- YALSA (Young Adult Library Services Association) Book Finder
- This finder lets you search by genre, book list, award, author, or year published to find tons of gems pre-vetted by Librarians for teen appeal
- Diversity in YA
- A tumblr blog run by authors Malinda Lo and Cindy Pon. It includes book lists, cover reveals, interviews with authors, and more
- The #WeNeedDiverseBooks movement has its own website with lots of information and links to specific types of diverse reads
- It's like Facebook but better, because it is for books! Sign up to add books to your to-reads list, give them ratings, and write reviews. Check out their Listopia section for user-generated book lists on a huge variety of topics, including YA Books Released in 2019 and YA Books Released in 2018. Search for LauraLisbeth to add Librarian and long-time YA reader Laura to your friends list and peruse her (virtual) bookshelves!