In 1912, Port Arthur Wagon & Implements Ltd. (Port Arthur Wagon Works), located on North Cum-
berland Street, began the manufacturing of farm wagons. Months after the Great War was officially declared, Port Arthur Wagon & Implements Ltd. secured a contract from the Canadian Government to build 85 specialty
wagons to assist the 1st Contingent of Soldiers, Canadian Expeditionary Force (CEF). Click on the image below to learn more about this story.