Strategic Planning - June 2013 Update
The Thunder Bay Public Library is in the process of developing a new Strategic Plan (2013 - 2016). gck Consulting has been hired to guide the Library through the development of the plan.
The Strategic Plan will be developed in 5 phases:
- Phase 1 – Introduction and Review (January)
- Phase 2 – Community Engagement (February & March)
- Phase 3 – External and Internal Systems Analyses (March)
- Phase 4 – Strategic Planning (April)
- Phase 5 – Strategic Plan Finalization and Presentation (May-June)
We are currently at finalizing the strategic plan along with members of Library staff, the Library Board, and the key stakeholder groups.
Representatives from key stakeholder groups are participating on a steering committee, including:
- Library Board Members, Library Management, Library Staff (full & part time, unionized and non-union)
- Library Partners - Friends of the Library, Thunder Bay Indian Friendship Centre & Thunder Bay Economic Development Commission
- A Library user, lapsed user, & non-user
These stakeholders will be engaged both during and beyond the strategic planning process. There will be an ongoing and open-ended opportunity to have a say in how the Library plans, designs, delivers and evaluates its services.
HAVE YOUR SAY...COMMUNITY ACTION PANEL
The Library is forming a Community Action Panel in the fall and we are encouraging citizens of all ages to sign up. The Panel is being formed to ensure that the community has a meaningful way to contribute ideas and provide input on Library services, collections, programs and more. Community feedback is critical to Library planning -- it will help to ensure that the Library is meeting the needs of the community now and in the future.
The Panel will begin their work this fall by reviewing the Library's new strategic plan and recommending some concrete actions that will help to deliver on the goals. Input will also be sought in a number of other areas over the next year or more.
If you're interested in serving on the Community Action Panel, please apply by emailing Tina Tucker at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 684-6813.
Comments & suggestions are always welcome.
Or fill out a customer comment form - copies are available at all libraries.
- A Citizen Enlightened
- A Community Engaged
- A City Enriched