Genealogy and Ancestry LE Workshops
These free, hands-on sessions are 1.5 hours long and will be held in the Mary J. L. Black Community Program Room. Enrolment is limited. Register by calling 684-6815 or visit www.tbpl.ca/getinvolved and click on Online Calendar. Registration begins at 10am on May 1, 2017. Participants are welcome to bring their own laptop to use in class.
This class is an introduction to the Library’s online genealogy resource Ancestry Library Edition (LE). You must know how to use a computer and Internet browser to
register for this class.
May 25 @ 7pm
Ancestry LE Advanced
This class goes beyond the introductory Ancestry LE class to get the most out of the Library’s online genealogy resource Ancestry Library Edition database. You must know how to use the Ancestry LE database at a basic level already.
June 20 @ 3pm
Ontario Genealogical Society (OGS) Meetings
Meetings feature idea and research sharing along with special topics and guest speakers. Connect with them on Facebook (Thunder Bay District Branch, OGS) or by email at email@example.com for more information.
Mary J.L. Black Community Program Room: Tuesdays @ 7 pm
- If TBPL does not carry an item, we can try to borrow it from another lending institution in Canada
- You may request books, articles, archival and genealogical microfilm
- Make requests for books in person, by phone, or by filling out a form online (books, articles, microfilm)
- Microfilm requests should be made through the Brodie Resource Library - Reference Services
- There is no charge for this service
- Please allow 4-6 weeks for material to arrive
- There are 2 microfilm readers and 2 microfilm readers/scanners at the Brodie Resource Library
- Printing is available from all 4 machines
- Saving to USB (in PDF format) is available on the 2 readers/scanners
Wi-Fi and Free Internet
- Computers are available with free internet access at all TBPL branches
- Wi-Fi is available with free access at all TBPL branches