What's happening at the Library for kids? Check our online calendar.
TBPL has a special web site just for kids, check out our Kids' Space!
Family Literacy and Parenting Links
- Canadian Parents Online - A resource for parents on a variety of parenting issues, including tips on encouraging children to read.
- cca-kids.ca - From the Concerned Children's Advertisers this site provides tips on how children can be media savy and street smart.
- Eco Child's Play - Green tips for health and home and for parenting in an eco-sensitive way
- Education Place - Resources for children, parents and teachers in topics such as math, reading, science and social studies, as well as fun games for the whole family.
- Family Literacy Day - inspiration and advice for families to learn together
- FunBrain - A learning network for children, parents and teachers that includes interactive educational games for children, as well as tips and tools for teachers and parents.
- Maman Pour La Vie - A French-langauage site. Portail vivant au service de parents.
- The National Center for Family Literacy (U.S. site) - Listing of family literacy projects and initiatives as well as links to publications, facts and other related sites.
- Owl Magazine - A fun site for kids where they can test their brainpower with word games, crossword puzzles and brainteasers.
- Reading A - Z - A variety of resources including downloadable books, flash cards and lesson plans to help children become fluent readers.
- Reading Is Fundamental (U.S. site) - This site provides information for coordinators, educators and parents including on-line resources, booklists and tips and activity ideas to help motivate kids to read.
- The Official Robert Munsch Web site - Everything you wanted to know about Robert Munsch and his books. You can even listen to Bob read you one of his stories from this site.
- Today's Parent On-line - A great resource for parents with children of all ages. This site features tips on behaviour and development, education and life as a parent.
- Word Central - Children learn new vocabulary while visiting different rooms in this interactive school.