Market Research for Business Plans
Schedule a one-on-one session and discover how library resources such as PCensus, InfoCanada, and other databases can help you determine market potential and target market, find Canadian demographics and consumer spending data, pinpoint suitable business locations, and much more.
To make an appointment contact:
Do you need a room for a meeting, display or performance? We have large auditoriums, and small, quiet Study Rooms. Everything you need to know about booking and using these rooms may be found online through www.tbpl.ca and in the Contract for Use of Thunder Bay Public Library's Meeting Spaces / Commons online here.
Additional services include free use of computers with internet access, word processing and printing, faxing, free WiFi and helpful staff. TBPL is also now selling USB memory sticks at all locations.
Your Library is a gold mine of FREE information to help you build your business.
Check out our collection of books, eBooks, DVDs and more on:
- business plans
- human resources
- health and safety
- women in business
- aboriginal businesses
- Resume writing
- Interview preparation
- Etiquette and presentation
The Library also has a wealth of online databases filled with up-to-date articles from leading newspapers, magazines, and journals. Many of these databases are searchable through My Giant Search. Look for the "Business and Careers" category or check out specific databases (such as CBCA Complete, CPI.Q, Career Cruising, Gale Virtual Reference Library, and more). For demograhic and market/industry research, we suggest the PCensus database (in-house use only at Brodie and Waverley) or the InfoCanada - Canadian Businesses database. Check out the Market Research page of our website for more information.
Career Cruising is an interactive tool to help you plan for your ideal career -- use the "Careers" category in My Giant Search. For more about Career Cruising watch these helpful videos: Explore Assessments, Explore Careers, Explore Education and Training, Employment, Porfolio
Business Web Links
Visit the websites of these organizations that support businesses and job seekers in Thunder Bay and Northwestern Ontario:
- Government of Canada Job Bank
- Nishnawbe Aski Development Fund
- Northwest Employment Works (NEW)
- North Superior Workforce Planning Board
- Northern Ontario Business Magazine
- Northern Ontario Angels (NOA)
- Northwestern Ontario Innovation Centre
- PARO Centre for Women's Enterprise
- SHIFT Young Professionals Network
- Small Business Resource Guide (SBRG)
- Thunder Bay Business Women's Network
- Thunder Bay Chamber of Commerce
- Thunder Bay Community Economic Development Commission (CEDC)
- Thunder Bay & District Entrepreneur Centre
- Thunder Bay Ventures
- YES Employment Services
Join the Business OnLine Book Club and have excerpts from the newest business books sent to your email box!
If you need help accessing any of these resources, please contact Reference Services:
Brodie: (807) 624-4200
Waverley: (807) 684-6815
- Email: tbpl%23ca|reference
- Just Ask Us online reference question submission form