Book a Computer
PC Booking Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- you will need a library card & PIN number (set this in My Library Card)
- only the one hour stations are reservable
- you can reserve 1 session per person per day for 60 minutes (NOTE: there is no guarantee of 60 minutes per day)
- you can reserve a station from any computer that has Internet access, including the kiosks at the Library
- you can reserve up to 7 days in advance
- your computer will log out when your session has reached its limit
- remember to log out of your session when done
Do I have to reserve in advance to use a computer?
As long as there is time available, you can log on to any computer that is not in use or has not been reserved for another user. You will still need your library card number and PIN to log in.
What if I am a visitor to your library?
Visitors and tourists can request a temporary use number that enables them to access a computer.
What happens when my time is up?
You will automatically be logged out. You will receive two warning/prompting messages 5 and 3 minutes before your session ends.
What if no one else wants to use the computer? Can I continue to use it after the computer times out?
You will need to ask staff to extend your time limit for the day so that you may continue.
What if I am late for my booking?
You must log in within the first 10 minutes of your start time or the reservation will be cancelled. The cancelled time will be deducted from your daily reservable time.
If I have to leave the computer for a few minutes will I lose my session?
Not if you put the computer into Standby Mode. This will hold your session for 10 minutes. This time is deducted from your session time.