Awards & Grants
The Thunder Bay Public Library has been the recipient of a number of awards and grants over the years.
CLEAN, GREEN & BEAUTIFUL...
On November 28, 2011 the Clean, Green & Beautiful Committee presented the annual awards to celebrate organizations and businesses whose building and renovation projects enrich the life of the community through public art, beautification, heritage and environmental greening.
The Mary J.L. Black Branch Library received a Diamond Award for its inspiring design and incorporation of public art.
The Thunder Bay Public Library facility, which opened in May, was designed by Chamberlain Architect Services Ltd., managed by SNC Lavalin and built by Aurora Construction.
A computerized educational program is available on Library computer catalogues at the new Library which highlight the environmentally friendly features.
The Library Board, Management and Staff would like to thank the City for this recognition.
Library staff celebrate the 2008 Chamber of Commerce Quality of Life Award.
- Shortlisted for the Ontario Library Association Angus Mowat Award of Merit for enhancements to our service to Aboriginal communities
- Northwestern Ontario Writers Workshop Sheila Burnford Award
- Thunder Bay Chamber of Commerce Quality of Life Award
- Youth Advisory Council: Citizens of Exceptional Achievement Award from the City of Thunder Bay
- Friends of the Library: Citizens of Exceptional Achievement Award from the City of Thunder Bay
- Chamber of Commerce Quality Management Award
- Ontario Historical Society's Dorothy Duncan Award
- Ontario Library Service North Innovative Marketing and Advocacy Award
- Our Head of Children's and Youth Services, Angela Meady, was the recipient of the Ontario Library Association's Children's Librarian of the Year award.