Aboriginal & Anishinaabek Community Page
Also checkout the Manito Ahbee Festival for All Nations
Aboriginal Water Rights in Canada: a Study of Aboriginal Title to Water and Indian Water Rights by Richard H. Bartlett
Anishnaabe World: a Survival Guide to Building Bridges Between Canada and First Nations by Roger Spielmann
Beyond Blood: Rethinking Indigenous Identity by Pamela D. Palmater
Centering Anishinaabeg Studies: Understanding the World through Stories, edited by Jill Doerfler, Niigaanwewidam James Sinclair and Heidi Kiiwetinpinesiik Stark
Coyote Medicine: Lessons from Native American Healing by Lewis Mehl-Madrona, M.D.
For King and Kanata by Timothy C. Winegard
The Four Hills of Life: Ojibwe Wisdom by Thomas Peacock
Hidden in Plain Sight: Contributions of Aboriginal Peoples to Canadian Identity and Culture, edited by David R. Newhouse, Cora J. Voyageur, and Dan Beavon
Invisible Women: WW II Aboriginal Servicewomen in Canada by Grace Poulin
The Ojibwa Dance Drum: its History and Construction by Thomas Vennum
Te Bwe Win: Truth by Ron Geyshick
Treaty No.9: Making the Agreement to Share the Land in Far Northern Ontario in 1905 by John S. Long
When the Spirits Dance by Larry Loyie
Where the Pavement Ends: Canada's Aboriginal Recovery Movement and the Urgent Need for Reconciliation by Marie Wadden
Watch the Sleeping Giant awake!
|Visit our Kids' Space for information about Joe McLellan's visit!|
Aboriginal Writing Challenges:
Click on these search terms for specific areas of interest within the Thunder Bay Public Library catalogue:
*For more information on the assigned subject headings, please refer to Library and Archives Canada's Canadian Subject Headings.
- Ahki - Anishnaabek and Aboriginal Information and News
- Anishnaabemodaa.com -- Ojibwe Language Page
- Anishnawbe Mushkiki is an Aboriginal Community Health Centre established as a primary health care facility within the District of Thunder Bay.
- Aboriginal Canada Information Project Links
- Canadian Broadcasting Corportation - Aboriginal Headlines, In-Depth Interviews and Features also try this link: CBC News: Aboriginal Canadians
- Fort William First Nation
- Ministry of Aboriginal Affairs
- Native American Constitution and Law Digitization Project (Coordinated by the University of Oklahoma Law Library & the National Indian Law Library of the Native American Rights Fund)
- National Film Board's Aboriginal Peoples Channel
- Native Languages of the Americas: Ojibwe (Ojibway, Anishinaabemowin, Chippewa, Ojibwa)
- NativeTech: Native American Technology & Art -- An Ojibwe Language Word List
- Nishnawbe Aski Nation
- Language Portal of Canada
- Native American Authors - This website provides information on Native North American authors with bibliographies of their published works, biographical information, and links to online resources including interviews, online texts and tribal websites.
Northern Ontario Business - For over 30 years, Northern Ontario Business (NOB) has been the only integrated media outlet dedicated to the business community across the North. It provides vital news and relevant business information and events for the region’s most influential business leaders and decision makers. With its exclusive focus on Northern business, NOB is the go-to source for pertinent stories, regional industry trends and forecasts, valuable statistics and vital interactive online services.
- Ojibwe History
- The Ojibwe People's Dictionary -- a searchable, talking Ojibwe-English dictionary that features the voices of Ojibwe speakers
- Ojibwe.org -- Basic Words and Phrases Ojibwe Dictionary
- Third World Canada -- Set in the backdrop of the aftermath of the suicide of three parents, the documentary explores the impact of 3rd world conditions on the children left behind and a community’s courage in looking after them.
- Thunder Bay Metis Nation Community Centre
- Staff-selected Internet Links
- Staff-selected Links on
- Wawatay News
Updates concerning the Common Experience Payment for people who attended Residential Schools: