Aboriginal & Anishinaabek Community Page
Also checkout the Manito Ahbee Festival for All Nations
Anishnaabe World: a Survival Guide to Building Bridges Between Canada and First Nations by Roger Spielmann
The Four Hills of Life: Ojibwe Wisdom by Thomas Peacock
The Ojibwa Dance Drum: its History and Construction by Thomas Vennum
When the Spirits Dance by Larry Loyie
Invisible Women by Grace Poulin
Watch the Sleeping Giant awake!
|Visit our Kids' Space for information about Joe McLellan's visit!|
Aboriginal Writing Challenges:
Click on these search terms for specific areas of interest within the Thunder Bay Public Library catalogue:
*For more information on the assigned subject headings, please refer to Library and Archives Canada's Canadian Subject Headings.
- Ahki - Anishnaabek and Aboriginal Information and News
- Anishnaabemodaa.com -- Ojibwe Language Page
- Anishnawbe Mushkiki is an Aboriginal Community Health Centre established as a primary health care facility within the District of Thunder Bay.
- Aboriginal Canada Information Project Links
- Canadian Broadcasting Corportation - Aboriginal Headlines, In-Depth Interviews and Features
- Fort William First Nation
- Ministry of Aboriginal Affairs
- Native American Constitution and Law Digitization Project (Coordinated by the University of Oklahoma Law Library & the National Indian Law Library of the Native American Rights Fund)
- National Film Board's Aboriginal Peoples Channel
- Native Languages of the Americas: Ojibwe (Ojibway, Anishinaabemowin, Chippewa, Ojibwa)
- NativeTech: Native American Technology & Art -- An Ojibwe Language Word List
- Nishnawbe Aski Nation
- Language Portal of Canada
- Native American Authors - This website provides information on Native North American authors with bibliographies of their published works, biographical information, and links to online resources including interviews, online texts and tribal websites.
- Ojibwe History
- The Ojibwe People's Dictionary -- a searchable, talking Ojibwe-English dictionary that features the voices of Ojibwe speakers
- Ojibwe.org -- Basic Words and Phrases Ojibwe Dictionary
- Third World Canada -- Set in the backdrop of the aftermath of the suicide of three parents, the documentary explores the impact of 3rd world conditions on the children left behind and a community’s courage in looking after them.
- Thunder Bay Metis Nation Community Centre
- Staff-selected Internet Links
- Staff-selected Links on
- Wawatay News
Updates concerning the Common Experience Payment for people who attended Residential Schools: